Friday, May 10, 2013
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
One book, two movies. I actually saw the movies before I read the book. My first experience with this story was seeing the movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" starring Gene Wilder from 1971 when it aired on TV in the 1990s. After that I watched it every time I ran upon it while watching TV. Next I saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" starring Johnny Depp when it opened in theaters in 2005. I liked the film and decided that I should read the book. I really enjoyed and after reading it, discovered that the 2005 movie was more faithful to the book, however, I still like the 1971 movie better because I liked the music in that movie. You can't beat "oompa loompa doopa dee doo".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the original Willy Wonka! Truthfully, I don't get why Burton remade it in the first place- it was perfect at is was! I love Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorite movies and his Vincent short is amazing), but I could never bring myself to watch his version of the movie. :( Gene Wilder was such a good Willy Wonka and Johnny Depp seems so creepy in comparison!
The Candyman song is my favorite song from Willy Wonka... "The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good." :)
I love Tim Burton also! He is brilliant. I would love to check out this book, perhaps this summer when I have a little more free time. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post a Comment